Elisabeth Hasselbeck vs. Bill Maher on ‘The View’ [VIDEO]

Elisabeth Hasselbeck and Bill Maher had an incredibly awkward exchange on Tuesday's "The View," after Hasselbeck confronted Maher over a joke he told about her last year. Hasselbeck was none too pleased with a joke Maher made at her expense last February, in which he suggested sending her to Egypt in exchange for CBS News correspondent Lara Logan, who’d been assaulted while covering that country’s democratic uprising.

One would think he'd mind being attacked, but on tonight's Late Show, Maher told David Letterman he was actually pleased with how she reacted: "Thank you, Elisabeth Hasselbeck, for making me look good!" When the clip was first aired on the view, Elisabeth snapped, "I try to only debate real men over the airways but will depart to address Billy Maher."

"I was abused. I felt like a teenage boy at Penn State," quipped Maher, never one to pass on an un-PC zinger. "It's funny, I am never in the role of the victim... It was like, thank you, Elisabeth Hasselbeck, for making me look good!

"She had some bug up her ass," he added, but then softened his tone. "Look, I'm only kidding. I like her a lot. We have this relationship on TV where we hate each other." Logan later revealed she had been sexually assaulted by a baying mob while reporting in the Middle Eastern country, saying she had 'raped me with their hands.'

After reiterating what had happened to the 60 Minutes journalist, Hasselback, 34, told the comic: 'You can't sit here and tell me right now and tell me I'm wrong for saying that wasn't that funny.'

The other girls on “The View” seemed to side with Maher. Joy Behar said that people have to understand that comedians will occasionally offend some people, and Barbara Walters kept trying to get Hasselbeck to drop the issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts