SAG Awards 2014: Red carpet dares to be bold with modern-chic styles

Awards Season is clicking along at a brisk pace with all but two major shows behind us. Last night the stars of both screens, big and small, strolled the red carpet of the 20th Annual SAG Awards to receive acting honors from their peers. I admit, the SAG Awards are my favorite ceremony because as a SAG-AFTRA member, I have a say in who gets to cross that stage and claim a trophy. It's particularly thrilling to see someone I voted for (or nominated as part of the SAG Nominating Committee) actually win. Almost every SAG Award winner talks about the special meaning of being recognized by a body of your peers who have intimate knowledge of the joys and struggles of being a working actor. Kudos to all the winners and let's get down to the matter at hand--who rocked the red carpet!!


To my great surprise, Cate Blanchette was considered by some to be on the worst dressed list in this gown by Givenchy. I beg to differ. I loved the flowing drape and the color. It felt very fresh to me and she might even be my best dressed for the evening.


Claire Danes was another one on worst dressed lists around town but I liked this column dress by Vionnet. Maybe it's because Claire looks healthy for the first time in a long while and that has colored my vision, but I thought she looked good. A little tired, but good.



Jennifer Garner is lovely in this deep blue column with a subtle sheen by Max Mara.


Hannah Simon in Marchesa. Initially, I was a little iffy about the ruffled neckline but the overall look is gorgeous. It's airy and so very feminine without being princess-y. Wonderful balance.



Sarah Hyland looked so sweet in Pamela Roland with a high-low hemline that showed off her perfect Jimmy Choo's perfectly.



I'm giving an honorable mention to Jennifer Lawrence in Dior. I think the dress is stunning and fun and the fit was impeccable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts